Guidelines for applications for grants to individual patients
1. When making an application to Rahere, please remember that Rahere is limited by its constitution to making grants to patients of St. Bartholomew’s Hospital only.
2. Rahere receives many applications for grants and seeks to be as generous as it can, having regard to its financial resources, but is unable to meet all requests.
Please bear in mind that:-
• Rahere makes grants which relate to or contribute to the medical wellbeing of the patient
• Rahere prefers to make grants towards future expenditure and will not make grants towards settlement of debts except in very exceptional circumstances
• Rahere is unlikely to make grants for expenditure which is regarded as normal NHS expenditure
• Rahere does not provide assistance towards fertility treatments
• Rahere may decide in fairness to all applicants to make a contribution to expenditure rather than to pay the whole cost
3. An application should state:-
• the name, address and date of birth of the patient
• confirmation that the patient is a patient of Barts
• the patient’s medical condition
• the intended purpose of the grant and the amount requested
• a brief summary of the patient’s financial circumstances and of the immediate family if appropriate
4. If an application is made for travel expenses, please explain the need for a grant and in particular the mode of transport required, the likely number of trips and their cost.
5. Applications should be made to Rahere at:-
The Rahere Association
St Bartholomew’s Hospital
London EC1A 7BE
Or by email to email@example.com
For further information or for a preliminary discussion please call Rahere on 0203 765 8600